How to order your repeat medications
We regret that we are unable to take repeat prescription requests by telephone in order to minimise any potential errors.
- By Hand – put your repeat request through the surgery letterbox
- In Person – at the Dispensary Window. We will print your repeat page and you can tick the items you need
- Patient Access – https://patient.emisaccess.co.uk/
Most efficient way to order your repeat prescription – Please see Reception for further details or click on the “Patient Access” tab.
- Or Download the NEW NHS APP www.nhs.uk/nhsapp – Onto your computer or smartphone and follow the registration instructions provided.
As a Dispensing Practice, we have four dispensers who can dispense for our patients under the supervision of the general practitioners. If you have a prescription query which you would like to discuss in private, please ask our dispensing staff who will be pleased to show you to a quiet and private area.
We can offer repeat prescriptions within 72 working hours – (This means three full working days, not including Bank Holidays and Weekends). We need this time to carry out essential safety checks and ensure safe dispensing for all our patients.
Please re-order when you have about 1 -2 weeks supply left.
We are sorry but we are unable to prescribe more than a month’s supply of your drugs at a time.
Non-dispensing patients can leave us a supply of SAE if they wish, so that if requested, we will post their repeat prescription to them.
Dispensary Opening Hours
Monday – Friday = 8:30am – 6:30pm
Dispensary is closed weekends and all Public Bank Holidays.
If you have a medical emergency that cannot wait until the surgery re-opens please call 111 for the Out Of Hours Doctor Service. If you require an ambulance please call 999.
When Dispensary is closed, call the Emergency Doctor Service on 111.
Late night chemists open for emergencies:
- Alliance, Stansted (Tel: 01279 812278)
- Williamsons, Snowley Parade, Bishops Stortford (Tel: 01279 652759)
- Tesco, Bishops Park, Bishops Stortford (Tel: 01279 697649)
Weekends and Public Holidays
Refer to local press (Herts & Essex Observer) which publishes Duty Chemist Rota each week or contact 111.